Pruitt Brother's - 227 Fish - Good Friday was a GREAT Friday at Lost Creek (See Pics)

Apr 05 2021

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27850
Property Name : Lost Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/02/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 227 Fish – 2 to 5 1/4 Pounds
Lures Used : Z Craw Pearl, Z Craw Worm Pearl, Swimming Jig Z Craw Trailer, Stick Bait

227 Bass – Lost Creek – Cold Spring, Texas (See Pics) Good Friday Was a GREAT Friday!

Started the commute with a Whataburger Taquito Extra Cheese, a Bai Coconut Water and Jon Pardi on the Satellite Juke Box. Then a little “Lord I Hope This Day Is Good” an old Don Williams classic………Does it get any better? As we approach the days’ new adventure with each passing mile, I was thinking how blessed us two brothers are to have access to PWF premiere fishing properties. Our first trip to this lake was EPIC to say the least. 203 Fish! To top our last trip here to Lost Creek would require the moon & stars to align with the two of us being willing to work harder than last time. The air temp in the low 40’s and the water temp around 65 to start our morning.

Hate to admit it, but this boat launch area gives us fits. It is a precision ramp. It requires threading Phil’s 16’ tracker boat (the camel) through the eye of a needle. Doing it in the dark makes it even more of a challenge. Not sure why waiting until daylight is not an option Phil? Glad our launch experience is not on video LOL! Narrow sloped path with no solid bottom left or right of the gravel makes it a one way in only launch. Phil’s 2WD truck is not the 4WD truck needed to handle the slick slope either.

OK, boats in the water and we can’t feel our fingers from the cold! Fishing is not supposed to be this Painful! My torn shoulder rotator cuff is on fire and I am wondering how I am going to make a full day. Phil’s 2nd cast produces a fish. We both hook up…again and again……these fish are frisky this morning. 30 minutes into it and several fish released back into the topwater surface fog I asked Phil, you have any advil? He passes me a bottle of Pain Relieving Flanax and I choke 2 down followed by a big swig of Bai Coconut. Back at it, 40 minutes later the pain level dropped to a tolerable level and I was able to make cast after cast without having to think about it. Some would say put the pole down dummy! It’s not that easy when the fish are actively cooperating. We were definitely on par to exceed our 203 catch previously recorded here on this lake. White pearl plastic was producing like crazy all the way up until lunch. We looked at the fish counter before having a quick sandwich and it revealed 111 fish. OK it could happen, another record breaking day for us? Phil is now obsessed with finishing the day with a big number and he was not going to be satisfied unless it happens. We push each other pretty hard. This means big brother with the broken wing can’t lay down. No pressure but YES Pressure! Thank you Phil! Lunch took every bit of 8 minutes. Back at it, changing baits and working every cast like it could be the last cast. An American Bald Eagle swept down with talons extended to the water grabbing a fish giving us a look sending us a clear message of hey this is how you do it! Wow, majestic and inspiring to see God’s wonderful creations in the great outdoors. You can’t make this stuff up…………I sink the hook into a 5 ¼ pounder that had no intentions of cooperating. She had a ton of fight and I expected her to be at least 2 pounds bigger. Beds were quite visible everywhere in shallow water. Just did not see any fish tending the beds so either the water temp moved them off or we are into post spawn on the lake. Tons of blue gill………bait fish in big supply. Phil stayed with one bait all day. I threw several baits with all of them producing (see attached pics of the stick bait and swimming jig I also produced big numbers with).

So many hooksets throughout the day and not re-tying contributes to a bait release on the end of a cast with the line all blown up on the reel. What a mess! Knowing this lake was stocked in June 2019 confirms to me that a little more time is needed for these LMB to reach DD status. Certainly don’t recommend speed fishing like we did today when there is the chance of hooking into to heavy fish. I actually wanted to see how many I could land until knot failure. It was over a hundred before I had to change rod and reels.

OK it is going on 5:30 PM and we know we need at least ½ an hour to trailer up the boat, load up and clean up all of the destroyed soft plastic baits in the bottom of the boat. A quick glance at the counter on the way to the ramp revealed 227 fish for the day! What an amazing day it was. Several 4 plus pounders and lots of 2 to 3 ½’s made it an extremely pleasurable day. Phil was smiling all day about our good fortune. This lake is going to produce some giants 2 to 3 years down the road. Can’t wait! Lost Creek has it all, brush piles, structure, deep water, shallow water, many fingers, about six (6) aeration stations moving water, this lake is 100% fishable.

Let me say one more time “Thank you to Team PWF” for your commitment to bring on new and quality lakes that the public will never have the opportunity to fish.

Hope all had a Wonderful Easter Holiday!

Tight lines to all……………

The Pruitt Brothers (Wayne & Phil)

Apr 05 2021

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats.  When you guys go fishing on a lake y’all find em and get em to bite.  One of these days I want to file a report that says “today I had a Pruitt Brothers Day”.   Thanks for these great reports/stories.  

Apr 05 2021

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Kevin Fuller

Congrats.  When you guys go fishing on a lake y’all find em and get em to bite.  One of these days I want to file a report that says “today I had a Pruitt Brothers Day”.   Thanks for these great reports/stories.  

Kevin I look forward to reading that story real soon! 

Apr 05 2021

Joe Reedy

Fry

Number of Posts :

Wow, GREAT FRIDAY indeed!  Congrats to you both and thanks as always for a thorough and entertaining report.