Jared Harpole

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27465
Property Name : Heartbrand Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/03/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 73/68 bass 3 blue gill and 2 catfish /Bass Up to 4lbs
Lures Used : Texas rig/Swim Jig

I fished solo at Heartbrand from 8-6 on 4/3. Weather was cloudy and then it rained on me for about an 1.5-2 hours and then the sun came out. It also got windy at times where the wind was probably 15 mph. Visibility is about 1.5-2 feet. As others have said there is starting to be a fair amount of vegetation in the lake but there are still plenty of water to fish. The North end where the creek is has a lot of submerged vegetation that is starting to get close to the surface. I did not have any issues with my trolling motor but in the coming months it might be challenging to navigate.

The most productive technique was Texas rigging worms or flukes weightless or with a very light weight. I also caught 10-12 on a swim jig with a craw trailer. There was some action on the East side of the lake but the most productive areas were in between the West side of the lake by the pool to the North West corner before the opening of the North creek arm. Ended up with 68 bass (culled 20), 3 blue gill, and 2 catfish. Overall a great day.