Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27521
Property Name : Lakota Lake
Reservation Date : 03/19/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30 LMB 2 to 4 1/2 Pounds
Lures Used : Senko's & Crank Baits/Rattle Traps

Water temp Friday morning was at 61 degrees and the air temp was in the low 40’s. Was hoping for higher temps on both fronts, but oh well. Started off with soft plastics. A few fish, but it was obvious that they wanted something else. Rattle traps, a few fish, but obvious they wanted something else, Z Craws the same………….never really found a solid pattern that they absolutely would pounce on. Everything produced a little, but nothing produced a lot. It was a beautiful day and being on a lake like this is always body, mind and soul therapy. Plenty of time to clear the mind and enjoy one of the many PWF club lakes. Biggest bass was a round 4 ½ pounds. Spawning beds were non existant due to the cold water temps. No sign that any of the bass are on beds yet. Get ready though, the first sign of warmer water will create this spring time phenominon that we all look so forward to…………...one of my last trips here revealed a 7 ½ pounder so I knew that one bite could produce a good fish. A short little lunch break with burgers on the Nomad grill and back on the water. About 3 PM the bite just disappeared and so did I.  All good with another fishing memory in the books.

Tight Lines to All,

Wayne Pruitt