Rudi Reetz

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27428
Property Name : Moonshine Lake
Reservation Date : 03/17/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : Little dozen
Lures Used : Tube

Winds 29 mph with gusts to almost 40 mph. Water temps around 62F.  Fished between 11am and 5 pm. Should have cancelled the reservation but had day planned with son for Spring Break.  The water was very clear with 5’+ visibility even with some rain the night before. Went out in my Bass Buster briefly but the wind and waves were too much. Caught 1 cull fish by the trees and came back to ramp area. Caught the majority of fish casting from shore by the ramp using texas rigged tube baits, caught 1 on an under spin and nothing on a red crank bait and some swim baits. Thankfully my son caught the two biggest fish of the day that were both right at 3,5 pounds so he was happy. The third “over” was right at 16.5” long.

Total 3 overs returned and 9 under 16” culled.

The lake and property are awesome and I could easily see 40 fish being caught in an afternoon--like previous fishing reports showed, but this day the wind was crazy.

Note: the Jon boat at the ramp is very heavy and was not flipped over so holding some water.  It is a very nice boat with seats and flat areas to stand.