Mar 14 2021

Daniel Ortiz

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 27443
Property Name : Dogleg Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/12/2021 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4 Slot Fish and 1 Released Fish
Lures Used : Whopper Plopper, Johnson Silver Minnow with trailer, 12” Berkley Powerworm, Keitech 3.8 Swing Impac, Float N Fly, and Buzzbait

I fished from about 2:00pm to 6:45pm.  I fished from the bank.  The conditions were cloudy and overcast with some wind.  I mostly fishied at a exopsed rocky point on the other side of the lake across from the boat ramp. It was calmer at this part of the lake.  Fished there to about 4:30.  I caught 3 slot fish on the Keiitech, 3.8 Swing Impact, and 3 hand size bluegill on the Float n Fly.   All the bluegill were released.  Headed back to the car and fished along the way and caught one more slot fish on the Keitech.  Fished a spot at dam for about 30 minutes with no bites.  Also fished a little by the boat ramp along the shore, again no bites..  I loaded up the car  about 6:00 and took a little break.  I decided  to tie on a Buzzbait with a Keithech 4.8 Fat Swimg Impac as a trailer, and.went back toward the dam,  I fishied about right where the dam starts at the shoreline.  A “Fish” hit the Buzzbait and the fight was on!  Caught a nice 23 inch Largemouth Bass.   I will have my trolling moter and depth finder next time.  I look forward to fishing this lake again!