Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaack.

Mar 03 2021

John E. Harvey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Worst winter weather in ages, torrential rain pouring down, what to do? Go fishing!!!! So my buddy and I head to Sulphur Bluff not knowing what we would find and get to the gate of the newly reopened Deer Trail. We see standing water everywhere but enter the property and NICE!!! The access road is solid and it’s just a short jaunt to lake side where we find a well maintained launch area and a solid jon boat that is under an awning and wonderfully dry. Let’s fish! The water is dark coffee with almost no visibility (we though that would be the case) so we had low expectations. As a rule my buddy will out fish me two to one and today would be no exception. First cast, he’s into a solid 4 lbs+ and that would set the tone for the rest of the afternoon. He’s a numbers guy and boats the north side of two dozen clons of the first fish. Meanwhile, I’m doing my thing and hooking into the same type of bass but at a “slower pace”. So I switch to a gold blade chatter bait with a large paddle tail trailer in chartreuse along with a big boddied crank and I’m rewarded with a half dozen 5lbs + and a beautifull 8.2 lb egg filled lady! This  was NOT EXPECTED!!!! This is basically a new lake. What 4 years old? Hats off to the owner and the guys at PWF!!! You have an outstanding fishery created a “warp speed”. Treat youself to a day on the water here at Deer Trail, it’s only going to get better. WELCOME BACK INDEED!

Mar 03 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

John,

You have no idea how happy this makes me. Between the owner of the ranch and PWF we have invested 10’s of thousands of dollars worth of fertilizer, shad, bluegill, red ear and the best bass genetics on the market. The lake is just 3 years old and too think we have grown an 8.2 giant makes me feel so good about our efforts. We rarely get the opportunity to start fresh with a lake. I’m tickled that you guys got to be the first few to fish the lake with little to no pressure. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks

Steve

Mar 03 2021

John E. Harvey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

John,

You have no idea how happy this makes me. Between the owner of the ranch and PWF we have invested 10’s of thousands of dollars worth of fertilizer, shad, bluegill, red ear and the best bass genetics on the market. The lake is just 3 years old and too think we have grown an 8.2 giant makes me feel so good about our efforts. We rarely get the opportunity to start fresh with a lake. I’m tickled that you guys got to be the first few to fish the lake with little to no pressure. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks

Steve

You’re welcome. I’ve got to admit I was doubtful, but with your reassurence we went are we glad we did! The place is 1st class.