Phillip Hunter

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26839
Property Name : Dogleg Ranch
Reservation Date : 01/03/2021 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7.25, 2.5, and 8 slot
Lures Used : Cranks, jigs, glide bait

My son and I visited Dogleg on Sunday. It was very windy, so the water wasn't quite as clear as described in other reports. The launch area is quite steep, so it might be difficult for some if they are by themselves. The picnic area is really nice and shaded. 

We fished from 10:00 to 3:00. Concentrating on the middle of the lake and towards the dam. Depth is 10-12' with a 20' pocket next to the dam. We picked up an occasional dink throughout the day on crank baits, jigs, and plastics fished at 10-12'. About an hour before we were planning to leave, I put on an 8" glide bait, and on the second cast landed a chunky 7.25 pounder. 

We will return! The shaded picnic area will be great for breaks during the summer. 

Jan 04 2021

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Awesome pic Phillip!  Really glad you and your son enjoyed your day at Bandera Dogleg Ranch, it is a beautiful property and great addition to the club.

Jan 05 2021

Dennis Dabney

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hi Phillip - Great report and picture.  I am a fellow PA owner. Did you have difficulty launching?  Dennis 

Jan 05 2021

Phillip Hunter

Fry

Number of Posts :

Not too hard of a time. You'll have to put some muscle into it to get up the slope when loading. 

Jan 06 2021

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Beautiful fish and even a better picture. 

I see your in the big bass contest. But, Scott mentioned you forgot your ruler. Bummer. This one had a chance to be a monthly winner. Just made the other 30 folks entered for this month happy. 

Go catch another big one and when this month. 

Jan 06 2021

Phillip Hunter

Fry

Number of Posts :

Yep it is a bummer. Measured it with the stick on tape I have on the kayak, and it was right at 23". I won't forget my ruler again!