Darryl Stratton

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26774
Property Name : Waterboo Lake: Bedrock Ranch
Reservation Date : 12/22/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 5 LMB
Lures Used :

Arrived at noon and launched at 12:30, forgot how long of a drive it was from the gate to the lake. 
The first hour it was at great day but the wind kicked in at 1 pm and it was fight the rest of the afternoon.  
I tried everything from spinners, chatter, crank and jerk baits with no luck, plastics were tough due to the wind. I threw a Carolina rig to fight the wind but the vegetation was thick and it was a struggle.  
At 4:30 the wind let up and I moved against the cliffs.  5 LMB hit a Firetail Tx rig and a watermelon/ white Senko for 30 minutes.  The bite was lite and made me think that I could have been getting bites all day and would have never known due to the wind.  

Mother Nature beat me this day but it was still better than working.  

I love this piece of property, the land owners are great.  I have been here a few times and and have always been impressed. A young man (son about 20) came out to see how the day was going with the wind and offered to manage the trolling motor while I fished since the wind was so awful.   I didn't take him up on the offer but if the PWF team keeps finding the right properties/ owners, this club will be a great place to be for generations.  

Merry Christmas!