Flying M 12/9

Dec 11 2020

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished Flying M lake with member Randy Groves on Wednesday, December 9th from 8 to 3;30 in separate boats. Air temp started out at 40 but warmed quickly to mid 70’s under very sunny skies. Water temp at the surface started at 48 and got to 55 by mid-afternoon. We caught 16 with largest being 3 lbs. I had a 5 or 6 pounder on before it ran towards me, jumped and shook the hook. Most of mine we’re caught on a weightless 5 inch blue/black Yum Dinger. They didn’t hit it, you didn’t feel any tic tic, they didn’t swim with it, it felt like you had some grass on the worm. In hindsight, I should have tried to set the hook a second time on the big fish - probably a good idea anytime fishing a worm.  A medium diving crank bait was the second favorite bait and one was caught on a Carolina rig. They wouldn’t chase a spinnerbait, chatterbait or swimbait. Most productive areas we’re out from the fence line opposite the boat launch and the fence line coming down from the owner’s house. We did not catch anything around the dock which was surprising as there is no other cover in the lake.  The big fish hit out from the dam.