Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26602
Property Name : Sandy Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/25/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 bass up to 2.5 lbs
Lures Used : All Flies

Fished Sandy Creek today right behind a little cold front.  Must have made a big difference to the fish...  I read Chris Casner's report from Monday and thought to myself man I got to get me some of that 100 fish in a day action.  I should have fished with Chris : )   Caught 10 on the first lake and nothing in the back lakes.  5 on topwater deer hair frog poppers and the rest on clousers, a black wooly bugger and a rubber leg game changer.  Caught 4 nice bass that were returned and 6 culls.  The lakes are really pretty and I had a good time but I spent the whole day wondering where in the heck did Chris catch all those fish : )

Nov 29 2020

Travis Franklin (Flower Mound)

Fry

Number of Posts :

My dad used to say "We don't go fishing when they're biting, we go when we can." A day can make a big difference for sure!

Nov 30 2020

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

After I got home I relooked at the map on the reservation and on google maps and figured out I missed Chris's "third" lake (where he caught aobut 70 bass) by a whole lake.   I spent about a third of my time in the second lake and got totally zipped there.  The third lake is further down the ranch road past the second lake.  This is a great property and I'm for sure going back now that I know where all the lakes are and aren't : ) 

Nov 30 2020

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Kevin, I laughed for days when you texted me your story. I should have mentioned in my post that I fished the second lake before I left from the bank throwing about twenty times and never got a bite. The owner told me the dam broke on the second lake about a year ago.