Darrell Collier

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26329
Property Name : Camp Creek
Reservation Date : 10/31/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 9/2.5 lbs
Lures Used : rogue, weightless lizard, rat-l-trap

I took my first trip to Camp Creek in Saint Jo yesterday afternoon, trying to beat the north winds that were coming today.  I got my share of south winds, though, that challenged a single in the 10' jon boat.  I arrive around 2p to this beautiful piece of property, as described, straight out of the hill country.  Temp was upper 60s, sunshine, didn't check water temp.  Saw horses all afternoon, deer early on, and so many ducks (hundreds?) and various waterfowl.  Was quite peaceful, except for the wind.  :)  I caught a small bass and a crappie back-to-back trolling a gold/orange rogue north of the brush in the middle around 3:30-4, then around 5 the wind ceased.  I could work the shoreline more easily at that point, and things got more fun.  I picked up the majority of the other half dozen fish in the trees lining the entry to the SE cove and the trees in the NE corner, and one in super shallow water in the SW cove.  The lake appears to be down about 2-3', but still very fishable.  The rogue was the overall winner, but the watermelon red weightless lizard worked very well the last hour after the wind died.  Most all were dinks, with only a couple over 2 lbs.  I also tried chatter bait, spinner bait, weighted TX rig, even a buzz bait late, and a soft minnow swim bait - zero action.  It was quite fun to get out on the water - thank you to PWF and the property owner for allowing us access to such a beautiful property.