Paul Barner

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25953
Property Name : Double A Lake
Reservation Date : 10/30/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 Bass 16"-19"
Lures Used : Junebug 9" Texas Rig Worm

My October day was about mirror of what Chris Casner reported on his trip from the 20th. I too arrived early hoping to hit the topwater action. Nothing good to report, the hits I had were all short of the hooks. I gave up and tried a crankbait thrown at the edge of the weed line, I boated 4 bass and two huge bream with no pattern on the KVD Sexy Shad, headed in for lunch but happy about the four I caught because as reported these fish are fun to catch and Champions in the making. Biggest of the morning was a 4.6 with a 3 and 2 big 2's. The sun is high and bright and the wind is picking up so I switched to a junebug 9" texas rigged worm and hit the weed line hard, As Chris said you had to hit em in the head to get a bite. The afternoon was more productive with 7 going in the boat. Another four plus and a couple a threes and twos. These are mean fish, ever time I set the hook I thought I had a six on. I ran the bass hound battery down by 5 and called it a day. Glad to have another pond in the club so close to home. Thanks to Joe for such a nice launch area.