Great day on JerMar

Oct 24 2020

Bryan Zawikowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26256
Property Name : JerMar Lake
Reservation Date : 10/24/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 12 LH Bass (all over 14”)
Lures Used : Yellow Magic, floating rapala, Berkley jointed crank bait

I snuck in between the cold fronts and had the best day of bass fishing I've had in a long time...maybe ever.  It was chilly, but worth it!    Yellow Magic was the star of the day, landing 10 of the 12.  The bite was aggressive (the lure was completely inside their mouths most of the time.  At one point I landed a fish on three consecutive casts.  Plastic worms got no attention at all.  I even landed a nice one on one of the smaller ponds ("Your Luck" is the name of it...the one right before you get to the main pond).  Nice property with 2 nice club boats, and one not so nice.

Oct 25 2020

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey Bryan

Sounds like you had a great day at JerMar, i can only hope for that much fun…I'm planning a JerMar visit soon myself before it gets too cold and was curious on the top water success you had…What part of the lake did you find most productive? Last time i fished JerMar, heavy weeds, had to work the vegetation lines in the middle of the lake?

Kerry

Oct 25 2020

Bryan Zawikowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Kerry,  The weeds are going down a bit, but the far North side of the lake is very hard to fish because it is shallow and still a bit weedy.  I caught most of the fish on the East side of the lake (the pasture side) in the middle.  I motored up the middle (caught a couple while trolling a small Rapala floater and a Berkley jointed crank bait).  I stopped about 2/3rds the way North and then drifted back along the east shore, casting into the shore.  The yellow magic floating popper/jerk bait was most successful (there was a time when I caught three fish on three casts in a row.).  I casted between the surface weeds I could see and twitched 2-3 times, let it sit for a few seconds, then repeated.  They either hit shortly after the lure hit the water or within 3-5 jerk patterns.  I tried throwing spinner baits, worms and other floaters, but nothing worked like the yellow magic.  This is my second trip to JerMar…the first time I was not nearly as successful, but that was still in the heat of summer.  I hope that helps!   Good luck!  —Bryan

Oct 25 2020

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks Bryan….Great intel and thanks for sharing..Sounds like i better load up w/ a Yellow Magic…..KW

Oct 25 2020

Bryan Zawikowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

I'm sure any popper/jerk bait would work under the same under those conditions.  The weather and temperature make a difference.  This pond does have a very good boat..one of the few where I don't use my own.  Try the little pond right before you get to the big one too.  It was fun to catch one from the shore!  GOOD LUCK!

Oct 25 2020

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks Bryan…I'll try the small pond next time out….KW

Oct 25 2020

Bryan Zawikowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Just throw a few casts on the way out!