Bill Nowlin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26203
Property Name : Sandy Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 10/18/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : ~ 30 from 10" to 3 lbs
Lures Used : frogs, flukes, senkos, rattle traps

Fished solo Sunday afternoon at this beautiful, hilly, picturesque property.  Warm, breezy, mostly sunny.  Water clear.  I don't have a boat or kayak, and on-site boat is not available yet, so fished from bank.  Still managed a decent haul, with as many missed as caught.  No love on chatterbait, but steady action on senko, fluke, rattletrap, and good on frogs starting in late afternoon.  Per owner Patrick's suggestion, did not fish second lake, but did well on a brief stint to the third lake.

Oct 20 2020

Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Thanks for that report…quite informative.  I noticed the property detail listed for this property said bank fishing is not available. Would you say most of the bank was accessible for you? 

Oct 20 2020

Bill Nowlin

Fry

Number of Posts :

Yes, probably 60% of the first (top) lake and 25% of the third lake. Did not fish the middle lake.  If you have waders those percentages would go up significantly, as there are several places where the grass on the shore or the algae in the lake make fishing from the bank challenging.  Owner is trying to get a boat for the first lake, which also has a nice dock you can use.  Hope this helps.

Oct 21 2020

Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Good to know. Might be a good opportunity to help justify what I spent on waders I never get to use. Thanks Bill.