William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25870
Property Name : BlackJack Ranch
Reservation Date : 10/16/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 35/2-3 lbs
Lures Used : Medium square billed crank/split shot stick worm

Fished Giddings on 16 Oct with fellow member John Shepard.  Since I had to drive from NW San Antonio, John was bank fishing on the lower end (opposite from the dam).  We both launched our Old Town kayaks around 8:30.  It was a windy day with the morning overcast and the after getting sunny.  The water level was maybe 1-2 ft below the dock and the water has a good stain.  Th was able to use the kayak motor on the property except for the extreme end opposite from the dam.

John had already caught several bank fishing with a very light-weighted stick worm.  I started fishing the back between the dock and dam and caught one almost immediately on a weighted paddle tail, but did not get any other bites the rest of the way to the dam along the dam the partially down the other side.

I decided to try the two brush piles near the dam with various square-billed cranks.  Nothing on the first brush file (all throughout the day).  On the second brush pile further from the dam, I caught three (2-3 lbs each) on a medium diving crank (red, black, chartreuse).  They was not directly on the pile, but stationed about 10 ft out.  This pattern was successful throughout the day after letting it rest (caught about a total of 8 on the same crank – 2 on my last run before leaving around 6).

John said he had some good hits on a worm to the left of the tree overhanging the bank to the left of the dock.  I first tried the brush pile near the dock with crank lost a good one as it do a tail dance across the water and spit the crank.

I switched to the weighted senko with the spinner tail to the left of the overhanging tree and caught three more.  Be care as there is a family of nutria living along the bank by that tree.

I ended with 13 and John had 22.  Most of his were caught on a split-shot weighted stick bait.

My biggest was just over 3 lbs and Johns just under 3.

Bill Fetech