Joe V. Smith

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26148
Property Name : Alysha Ranch
Reservation Date : 10/14/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 43 13 under & 30 1.5 to 3 lb
Lures Used : flukes,wacky tx rig & drop

Fished from 7:30 to noon and after a break from 1pm to 3pm. The water had visibility of 18" and stained/tea color which is standard for this lake.The vegetation has really died back all over the lake. The lake is 3 feet low which makes launching more difficult because the shore line is a gumbo type muck which will swallow your foot and is extremely difficult to get it out. Stand on the dock and pull your kayak to the water from there. This is still difficult for old people. I do not think you could launch something from a trailer. With the launching problem and a 2 1/2 hr drive from my house it is always a great place to go.

Caught 43 bass of which 13 were removed and the other 30 from 1.5 lbs to 3 lbs. For the first hour and a half caught bass on flukes along the grass line then the rest of the day I caught them out about ten yards from the grass line. In the morning I did well on flukes,wacky and tx rig worms. Used watermelon/seed,bruised banana and motor oil/chrt 

In the afternoon I used a 4" camo drop shot rig and waas doing so well I never tried anything else.The fish were still very active at 3 when I left but the wind picked up and I was done.

Oct 15 2020

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

That's a great day Joe!  Thanks for the detailed report, very helpful as always.