Great day on Timber Lake

Oct 15 2020

Randall Groves

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26032
Property Name : Timber Lake
Reservation Date : 10/14/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4 dinks culled, 15 between 1.5 to 3 lbs.
Lures Used : Buzzbaits, Crankbaits

Clear skies.  Air temp started at 50 and peaked at 85. Water temp 69-71. SE Winds 10-15 mph.

I started at the crack of dawn with a frog along the dam. Just a couple of slaps. Nothing committed. 

Then headed for the timber and started with a 10 inch worm/Texas Rig. Still nothing. 

Decided to head deeper up the creek to more shallow waters and changed over to a white and chartreuse buzzbait.

BINGO! They came alive. All nice fish. The small ones wont hit a buzzbait but larger ones will nail it. Landed 10 on it.

Then the sun got up high and that quit. Tried the worm again and flukes. Nothing. Decided on a medium diver chartruese crankbait in the timber and first cast one nailed it. That crankbait was good everywhere but mainly in the timber. Total of 9 on the crank bait including the dinks. 

I did notice when I got up in the clear shallow creek alot of small bass in schools. Maybe 3 to 6 inches long. Must've been a good spawn in the Spring. The lake is full of fish of all sizes. They looked really healthy and getting fattened up for winter. I'll post a pic of the average I caught besides the dinks.

Highly recommend this property if you like fishing timber.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day! 

Happy Fishing! 

Oct 15 2020

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Great information Randall.  Thanks for all of the information on location and baits used.  We all appreciate it.

Oct 15 2020

Randall Groves

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks John. I tried to post a pic but I couldn’t figure it out

Oct 15 2020

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

If you email the picture to the office and ask them they will add it to the report.  I've fished Timber Lake several times and have enjoyed it every time.

Oct 15 2020

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Randall, nice report, thank you!  Please call us at 214-871-0044 if you'd like help with getting the picture posted.