Cody Fall Group Trip

Oct 14 2020

Ron Dupree

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

First let me begin by thanking Mr Cody for sharing this magnificent property with PWF members and the PWF staff for making the group trip possible. This is by far the best value the club has to offer, great accommodations and access to 8 well stocked tanks. I highly recommend this trip for anyone who wants lots of quality bass fishing, a nice place to wind down and reload for the next day. Now to the fishing.

The beauty of this property to me is if you plan it right you can fish 2-3 different tanks in one day each having its own unique character. John Shepard and i fished most of the the 3 days together walking the banks and utilizing the 2 club boats when and where they were available. (I would love to see a club boat on Moonshine, but that's just me)

John and i have been on several of these trips and this one is the best so far. The weather was nearly perfect with 60 deg nights and mid to upper 80's during the day, the bite was on! We ended the 3 day trip only fishing 2 1/2 days having to leave around noon on Sunday to start our 6.5 hour trip home but managed to catch nearly 200 bass between us (188 i think). John had several 5 plus lbers, we both had several 4 plus lbers, tons of 2-3 lbers and a few unders. 

Everyone had a good time and i think everyone caught a lots of quality fish( i think a couple of PB were caught) , i dont know the exact number of fish caught in total but there were no complaints of not catching. 

Special thanks to Zach and Paul Milwood for the awesome fish fry on Saturday night, total success!

Oct 15 2020

Travis Burnett

Fry

Number of Posts :

We have a big group trip heading here this weekend so hopefully you didn't take all the fish lol! Out of curiosity which of the lakes did you have the most luck on and can you tell me any details on what you were they were biting on?

Oct 15 2020

Ron Dupree

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

The Lodge tank was good early morning topwater bite, floating frogs, poprs, torpedoes…....... when that dwindled i threw a very light weight  or even weightless stick worm whacky rigged out to the left side of the island, color did not seem to matter.  we caught a few on traps and small sq bills. John had very good luck on the far side of the tank away from the dam with frogs and whacky rigged worms around the vegetation. The bank closest to the lodge seemed to produce more that the opposite side the entire length but Zach did have one break him off on the far side not to far from the dam so…...

Upper Hart was good out around the islands swimming plastics over the vegetation i.e. flukes, worms….... Floating frogs worked well in the same area.

Peach creek we fished mostly on the far side away from the boat launch towards the mouth of the creek. as you go towards the creek there is some scattered timber in front of some lily pad stems. very light weighted or no weight whacky rigged stick worm and drop shot worked well. Biggest fish John caught on peachcreek was 5.35 using whacky rigged drop shot.

South Twin would have probably been good except we had Mr Cody move the club boat to Peach creek prior to our arrival. Not a bad decision but i wish there had been a boat on south twin to use as well. John and i did walk the bank and threw floating frogs around the pads and got some huge blow ups and caught a couple. North Twin was very low and i think John caught one on it walking the perimeter.

Moonshine fished really well for Paul Friday and Saturday catching good numbers and quality. I fished with him saturday afternoon on Moonshine and did well with whacky rigged worm and Paul used a combination of a chatterbait with a trailer and whacky rigged worm. Fishing was good on the bank opposite of the cabin starting at the pocket on the left side and fishing clock wise from there the reeds and stems all the way back nearly to the cabin. You could go either way and probably have the same luck.

Thats pretty much my experience and what i saw that worked. Others had good luck on their baits as well.  Black with blue flake yum dingers was the worm i used the most for whacky rig. I nosed hooked red bug finesse trick worm for the drop shot. The small spro floating frog black with yellow spots worked well for me.

Good luck to your group, looks like the weather will a little rougher than it was for us but hopefully you get plenty of fishing time.

Oct 15 2020

Travis Burnett

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks a ton, looking forward to it and hope the weather holds off. We just have Peack Creek reserved but will be fishing the lodge lake and moonshine as well, good to hear there are good fish in there hard to tell from previous reports what they had in store.