Oct 01 2020

Randall Groves

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 26002
Property Name : SW Lake
Reservation Date : 09/30/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2@1lb each, 1 over 5lb
Lures Used : whopper plopper, frog, buzzbaits, jigs, texas rig worm and creature baits, swim baits....etc.

A few bites at the crack of dawn and then nothing.  I couldn't find the fish after sun up. Probably still in their summer patterns. Early feeding and then back to the creek channels. I didn't even see any on my electronics. No grass or cover for them to hide in. The water was very stained and murk. Less than 12 inches of visiblity. The only early activity was at the dam. No baitfish visibly active or fish activity on surface. Just quiet. Bluebird skies make it tough on shallow, minimal structure lakes. 

I did have a crazy moment when I was fishing a jig. I got hung up, trolled over and pulled up hard to reveal my jig hung up on some braid. I unhooked my jig, set it aside and pulled up the braid it was hung on and managed to retrieve a lipless crankbait that someone had lost. Then....when I pulled up the crankbait that someone had lost, I noticed it had Flouro hung on it. So I sat down the crankbait and all the braid attached to it and began to pull in the flouro that someone had broke off. As it got close I felt a tug and realized it had bass on it with a shakey head weighted hook in its lip. I couldnt believe it. I removed the hook and released the fish. Saved a fish and cleaned out 2 lures and broken line. Crazy.