Productive afternoon at Camp Creek

Sep 29 2020

Brian Halliburton

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished the afternoon of 9/20.  Beautiful property with horses and flowering grasses.   It was about an hour and a half from Plano to the lake.   I caught 36 on the day.  About a third of those were blue gill and a single crappie.   Most success came on the west side and the creek in the southwest corner using fluke, weightless worm and small swimbaits.    A lot of small bass and blue gill in the creek and structure there.   I caught 3 bass around 3 – 3.5lbs off the northern shore in some dips using jigs and chatter bait.   The northeast corner produced some fish on a rattle trap.  The brush in the middle produced a handful also.  For the day I had the most success on watermelon and green pumpkin colors. 

There is no gate which is different than other PWF lakes.  The driveway is a little rough but very manageable in my SUV.  Launching my kayak from a trailer was easy.   The ground was flat and solid. 

I got to talk to the owner.  He was a friendly guy and told me about his dad buying the property in the early 70’s and he has been there ever since. 

Nice place.  I will definitely go back.