St Jo - Camp Creek Sat. 9/26

Sep 28 2020

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished from 7:30 to 2:30 on Saturday under blue bird skies with winds 10 to 15. The sight from the top of the hill before you go down into the valley will take your breath away. No top water and fish were not relating to the bank and my electronics did not work for most of the trip so I started throwing my favorite search bait - a paddle tail swimbait  (3.5 inch) with an underspin.  I also TX rigged a creature bait and hit the stick ups throughout the lake. Pulled a 4.54 out of one of the stick ups with the TX rigged creature and another 4 pounder on the swimbait.  Also caught a couple of threes, a 2 1/5, a 1 and a couple under 1 pound. Caught a couple of blue gill and a couple of crappie - one small and one good size that I released. The bass fought hard and looked healthy. Spoke to the owner - very nice fellow and he said the 4.54 was largest bass caught this year from lake. Loved the horses feeding around the lake as I fished.  Will be back. 

Sep 28 2020

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report Chris, glad you enjoyed the scenery, it is truly a gorgeous place!  The 4.54 is a nice fish, congrats…our shock survey did find bigger fish and a good mix of sizes so the fact that is the biggest fish out there this year is more about the lack of fishing pressure the lake has seen.