Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25820
Property Name : Nix Ranch: Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 09/23/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18 up 4.5 pounds
Lures Used : Senkos/Flies

Fished TCU Wednesday with one of my preachers from church.  He doesn't get to fish near enough.  TCU came through for him and he was able to land some good quality bass that this lake is known for.  We fished from sun up until about 1.  Farland was fishing with conventional gear and throwing mainly weightless Senkos Texas rigged and I was on the fly rod throwing deer hair poppers and black wooly buggers.  Farland had the best luck by the deer and buffalo statutes and along the bank on that side of the lake and I had the best luck around the islands.  Mr. Dub came down and visited with us and gave us some homemade Strawberry and Blackberry jam.  I had some this morning with my breakfast and it was outstanding.  TCU has become my favorite place to take clients and friends that don't get to fish much but want to catch a good sized bass.  It's easy to fish from the bank and has always put up good numbers as well.  TCU been berry berry good to me.

Sep 25 2020

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great report Kevin, love the headline; not too many places you can go to catch good bass and leave with some homemade jam!  Glad you got your preacher on some fish.