Pruitt Bro's - Lakota LMB Hog (see photos)

Sep 21 2020

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25672
Property Name : Lakota Lake
Reservation Date : 09/19/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 36 LMB
Lures Used : Z Craw Flash Tx Rigged

Phil and I had a guest join us known for his bass catching ability. As usual we were in the water at light enough to see and had zero action for the first hour. No top water bite, no soft plastics, nothing. OK we got to figure this out. Hit all the brush piles and started picking up a fish here and there. The air temp was nice and we never broke into a sweat until about 1 PM. Great weather and low humidity. Working hard until about 2 pm before the bite completely quit. I was able to stick a few nice ones today...........one pig! See the photo and bait responsible for my good fortune. Love this lake and the challenge of trying to figure it out. It is absolutely never the same. What worked last time does not work the next time. It is contrary to figure out. I hit a few on jigs, nothing on the z craw worm, and the big one on a z craw flash Texas rigged. Nothing on crank square bills, chatter baits, Carolina rigs. We ended up with 36 on the day between the three of us. I believe the fall will produce better numbers and larger fish. The bass are chasing the shad here and there and if you can site cast to them while chasing there is a decent chance you will get hooked up. The problem is it is over real quick so by the time you get to where their chasing your too late most of the time. 

Hope all PWF members are doing well, if your like us, your looking forward to cooler temps and reel private fishing experiences to come. 

Tight Lines from Wayne and Phil Pruitt

Sep 21 2020

Robert Cauthen

Fry

Number of Posts :

My son and I are booked on Saturday the 3rd, so any advice would be helpful.  Looking forward to getting back out on the water with him.  It's been a long time.

Thanks,

Rob

Sep 21 2020

Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Robert,

I wish I could say what baits will absolutely work, but this lake has a mind of its own…........for sure take some of the Zoom Z Craw Baits and Texas Rig them as I am showing in the attached photo. Hit all of the brush piles with something weightless and weedless so you are not hanging up all the time. If you like crappy fishing I would take baits for that, there are some real slabs around the brush piles. I am not a crappy guy so I am not motivated much to fish for them. I am usually targeting a big fish and so I am one fish minded…...........don't mind catching numbers but I would much rather catch less fish and them be heavier than a bunch of small fish. My brother is just the opposite he loves big numbers and he believes the more you catch the odds are that one or two of them may be large. The boat launch area has a lot of weed growth and the level is a little down but that could change this week with all the rain. The rest of the lake is all fishable with no vegetation problems. There are a couple of low muddy spots on the road to the lake once your in the gate so be aware. If pulling a boat, pay attention to the low areas in the road. Expect it to slow down around 1 or 2 PM…..........that is what we have found after about 5 trips out there. Its a great lake and I see cooler temps from fall fishing there as the pay off…............send me a big fish photo in your post. Me and Phil will be back out there this Friday with a guest weather permitting the roads good enough to get to the lake. So we have another post to give you an update…..................

Sep 21 2020

Robert Cauthen

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thank you for the response, and I look forward to hearing how this weekend goes for you.

Rob