Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25699
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 09/06/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8 bass up to 4 pounds - dozen plus blue gill
Lures Used : Flies

Fished the large lake at Bluebonnet this am.  Great morning - caught 6 nice bass up to 4 pounds on top waters between first light and about 9:30  Most were caught between 6:45 and 7:30 am then things got slower.   I was fishing with flies and throwing a black frog popper (see pictures) in all the salad that is abundant but not overwhelming on this lake.  I caught another nice bass out in front of the island in front of the big storage barn on an ugly homemade black wooly bugger and one small bass on a small rubber leg bug in front of the launch - so 8 total bass.  My Sunday school has been meeting via Zoom for the last several months so I took a break from 10 to 11 to go to Sunday school via Zoom with my camera and sound "muted".  I promise I was listening but caught over a dozen bream during Sunday school with my little 3 weight fly rod with my paddle board anchored right next to the launch sight. Nothing after Sunday school and before noon when I shut down for the day.  Gotta love Zoom and all the possibilities it has opened up in our lives.  

Sep 07 2020

Larry Jordan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

And all the fishermen said….Amen!