Chris Harper

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25327
Property Name : Black Hat
Reservation Date : 07/26/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18 over 14" and 2 under Slot
Lures Used : 6" Senko, Chatterbait and 4" Swimbait

A guest and I made an early morning trip out to Black Hat Sunday morning. My guest Ethan is the middle son of a life long friend, and on this morning, he won first fish honors. We were on the water by 6:00 am throwing whopper plopper's and Buzz baits but no takers in the first 45 mins. Ethan caught the first fish on a Googan Lunker Log 6" black and blue texas rigged, and this ended up being the lure that caught the most fish and, ultimately, the biggest fish. Early on, the right-hand side corner of the Dam around to the point was where we caught our fish. Attached are pics of the first fish and the largest fish. The biggest fish weighed 6.5 lbs, and we caught 12 or 13 that were in the 2.5 to 3.5 lbs range.

We caught a couple off the dock. I hooked one on my second cast, and Ethan caught one on his first cast. We caught a few in between the two islands on swimbaits on underspins. We caught a few on the far bank straight across from the dock on Chatterbaits and shallow crankbaits up the bank to the far corner of the Dam.

We chunked a bunch of different lures at the aerators, got a couple of bites, but never landed anything from those areas. We got fish all the way around the lake but mot everything we caught was within 10 feet of the bank. I love this property and look forward to another outing.

YITB,

Chris

Jul 27 2020

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

How was the water clarity?

Jul 27 2020

Chris Harper

Fry

Number of Posts :

Danny,

Water clarity by the Dam was about  1 to 2 feet but the rest of the lake it was about 4 feet. It was clear enough that I used a flour leader on the Tx rig but straight braid on the moving/reaction baits.