First Fishing Trip with PWF! Worth Every Penny...

Jul 21 2020

Dennis Dabney

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25269
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/17/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 6 fish under 14" and a 4 lber
Lures Used : Deep grass, TX-rigged 10" Red Shad Culprit Worm

I was looking for a lake not far from DWF for my first PWF trip and saw several favorable reviews for Six O Ranch.  The custom directions provided, especially once on-site, were gold otherwise I never would have found the place.  The very gracious landowners, Ted and Kim greeted me as I was setting up my PA 12 and wished me luck.  I have a renewed appreciation for the peace, quiet and true solitude of fishing a smaller lake.  I got there alittle late for the topwater bite but I was able to practice deep grass and submerged timber fishing all day.  I caught several small bass on the culprit earlier in the day and a 4 pounder on my "last cast" around 1400.  Next time I will pursue other species that seemed to be plentiful on my graph.  The dock was a nice place to tie up and take a break for lunch.  I didn't use the pontoon boat but it appeared to be in great condition.  Overall, one of my better days on the water in TX.   

Jul 22 2020

Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Welcome Dennis!  I've been a member for over 4 years and still get excited driving up to the lake.  Six O is very popular. 

I took my maiden voyage on my son's Ascend 12 kayak to Grapevine late Sunday.  Hope to get it out to a PWF lake on next trip.  I can already see the benefit of a Pedal drive vs. paddle.  The Hobie PA's are great.