Wayne Pruitt

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24942
Property Name : Lakota Lake
Reservation Date : 07/16/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 37 LMB - 1 to 5 Pounds
Lures Used : Mostly Soft Plastic and Top Water Mega Bass

We (3 kayaks) hit the lake early while it was cool and capitalized on some top water bite. Throwing a "popmax mega bass" (see photo) bait that is a spitting chug bait. I love this over priced ($20) little bait...........the bait is great but the hooks are cheap and after 10 fish destroyed the hooks I had to upgrade the hooks and rings. Luckily I carry extra trebles and rings...............after a couple of hours soft plastic creature baits become the choice and preference. Always carry plenty of those with me.

This happened to be the maiden voyage of my new 14 Foot Hobie Pro Angler MD 360 (see photo). This kayak is a game changer and can navigate any creek, finger , shallow mud hole...........wow I am impressed to say the least. I look forward to fishing the club lakes with my new found friend. I put a Lowrance Triple Shot Reveal Fish Finder (see photo) wow and its is impressive.................and to top off 37 bass we had a little grilled burger lunch (see photo) and there is nothing better than a fresh cooked burger to top off some good fishing. Oh and the land owner has add 3 new huge brush piles to the lake. Love this property and the land owner is really working to make the fish quality over the top. 

Hope to Get Back to Lakota Soon - Tight Lines PWF Members

Jul 20 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Strong report as usual. I love the detail and your willingness to share!!