Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25061
Property Name : Nix Ranch: Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 07/19/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 38 Bass; 10 BG
Lures Used : Senkos, Flukes, MD Crankbait, Flies

Fished Sunday 7/19 with a guest.

We got on the water around 6:30 AM and called it quits at 2:30 PM.  My guest fly fished the whole time while I used conventional gear.

I didn't have my clicker with me but I think tallied between 35-40 bass and culled 8.   My guest accounted for around 8 of those bass on his fly rod.  7 of the culls were super dinks (under 10") and we had several more of those get off at the boat because they weren't hooked well in their tiny mouths.  

The returned bass were all in the 2-4 lb category keeping with the consistency of previous reports.  The fish were spread out all over the lake and not really on the banks.  I tried a toad first thing in the morning around the islands and had three blowups but no hook sets.  The rest of the day was weightless senkos (ttigged and wacky), weighless flukes, and a md diving crank.  Nothing on a white swimbait.

Overall it was a great day except for one thing.  We did not have a Dub Nix sighting! I hope he is ok.  I saw cars up at the house but he never came by and no one came or went while we were there.  Visiting with him is worth the price of admission alone and I realy wanted my guest to meet him.

One cool thing that happened was when we left we went to the BBQ joint in Tioga for lunch.  As we were eating a guy walked in that looked really familiar.  My friend and I could not place him but we could hear him on phone talking about some bass tournament on Lake Fork.  As we were leaving, I was walking by his table and once I saw him I knew who it was.  I asked him if he was Wally Marshall aka Mr. Crappie.  Super nice guy and ended up chatting for about 10 minutes and grabbed a quick pic before leaving.   He had been crappie fishing on nearby Lake Ray Roberts.

Jul 20 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Great report. Dub had some back surgery and is doing OK. The surgery was 3 weeks ago and he is recovering. 

Ole Wally Marshall has been doing it a long time. 

Steve