Jared Harpole

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25262
Property Name : Bridle Oaks Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/19/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18/.5-3lbs
Lures Used : rattle trap/swim jig/texas rig

Took my son to Bridle Oaks Ranch for a little fishing. We got there around 7AM and bank fished until 10:30AM. Water visibility was around 6-8". Caught a total of 18 (culled 8). Most productive lures were an IMA suspending vibe rattle trap (Foiled Gill color), Dirty Jigs 1/4 oz Black and Blue swim jig with a black and blue Zoom ultra vibe speed craw trailer, and Texas rigging a Zoom super speed craw. For the swim jig and rattle trap fishing a fast steady retrieve worked well. For the Texas rigged craw having a slower more methodical retrieve worked well. Caught most in the South side of the lake on the East side. We did catch a fair amount on the North East side by the dam too. Most fish were caught within 20 feet of the bank.

Lures we tried and thought would work but did not:

Strike King 3X Elaztech Finesse Worm in June Bug rigged on a 1/8 oz wobble head. I thought this was going to work but we tried and could not get a bite. We may have needed to slow down a bit.

Jul 21 2020

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Good report. How was the water level and vegetation?

Thank you

Jul 21 2020

Jared Harpole

Fry

Number of Posts :

Steve, 

Based on the last time I was there the water seems to have dropped 12". To give you some context, at the far North East side of the lake right at the dam, there is a place in the fence where there is an opening. Last time I was there I don't remember being able to walk over this without getting in the water. This time I could walk over it as it was completely dry. In terms of vegetation I did not think it was a big deal. I mainly threw the swim jig and was not hitting a lot of grass. I also threw the lipless crank bait and occasionally would hit grass but could pop it free most of the time. There was one spot at the far South end of the lake where there was clearly a hunk of grass but it was not that big. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Jared

Jul 22 2020

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thank you. Have fish there quite a bit  in the past. Great lake for numbers. I have seen the vegetation get so thick that you couln't fish out of a boat with a trolling motor