Best $100 spent on a PWF day ever (not counting PWF fees)

Jul 13 2020

Brad Wemhoener

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25186
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 07/12/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 41 most about 2lbs
Lures Used : Wacky rig, brushhog

Fished with member John Daniels and caught 41 fish an air conditioned nap, and fishing only made possible by my MossHawg. 

Arrowhead gave up the most fish in the pockets between the heavy coontail which we easily reached and fished thanks to the $20 MossHawg blade add-on on my trolling motor. We were able to fish the entire lake while plowing thru the grass lines. Green/white wacky rig for John and midnight blue with chartreuse tail brushhog for me. 34 fish from Arrowhead. Caught a couple on flukes, TR 10 inch blue worm, and one frog bite at first light.  

We broke for lunch and a cool nap at the EconoLodge in Hillsboro ($80) during the midday heat and returned refreshed and ready to beat the evening heat. Fished Comanche, which we couldn't figure out, catching only seven fish (tried everything: jigs,ned rigs, spinners, brushhogs, and even flies, but the anticipated numbers weren't there). Headed back to Arrowhead and caught fish until John's last cast at dark. 

As per usual, great day with PWF, but can't recommend a MossHawg and a cool nap during the 100 degree days more highly. 

Jul 14 2020

John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Great report Brad