Jul 11 2020

Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25145
Property Name : Jones Lake
Reservation Date : 07/10/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 5 bass/4 small culls and 1 at 2.5 lbs
Lures Used : Mostly T-rigged Senkos (watermelon red)

This morning I got to take my dad fishing for his 69th birthday. My 6-yr old son also went. We decided not to use the boat because we figured bank fishing would be easier than managing the three of us in the jonboat. Fishing was slow. Unfortunately my dad and son did not catch anything despite a lot of trying. I landed 5 bass total (harvesting 4). Most were on a Senko with one coming on a Power Worm. My son is quite experienced for his age and loves using lures. He struggled with the heavy vegetation. The property was not as walkable as we had hoped it would be. We had read about the big bluegill. We could see BG all over, but they were oddly not wanting our presentation attempts. I did land a huge BG on a grub when I grabbed my ultralight rod as we were preparing to leave. My son was pretty much held to fishing from the dock because of the growth and vegetation around the banks. Grandpa stayed with him as I walked the bank to catch all of the bass. I wouldn't mind trying this property again, but I will take the boat out next time (possibly when heat is not as big of a factor).