Ben Steed

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25148
Property Name : Nix Ranch: Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 07/05/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 28
Lures Used : Whopper Plopper and Swim Senkos

My daughter and I booked TCU lake late Saturday night and ended up out there about 11:30 on Sunday morning, 7/5.  As always, we banked fish before hitting the boat and caught 3 on whopper ploppers between the shore and the first island you see across from the boat dock.  From there, we loaded up the boat and hit the water.

Was windy from the storms coming thru the area, so we didn't get to cover much water.  When it's windy like it was, I like to move to a spot, anchor down, fish that area, and then move to another area and anchor again.  We did this pretty much the whole time and was successful.  Basically, fish between the islands and the shoreline, with one exception being the rock pile towards the North end of the lake.  We caught fish in every location that we fished.

Most of the fish we caught were right up on the shore.  We threw our TX Rigged swim senkos (june bug and watermelon red colors) up onto the bank and drug back to the edge.  Usually within 5 feet of the bank is where we caught almost everything.  28 total caught, all between 2-4 pounds, and some great fighting fish as most people report.  Caught about half on whopper plopper thru the entire day and half on senkos.  Fished from 11:30 to about 4. 

Owners came down to say hi and the lake is beautifully manicured.  I think you could probably bank fish the entire lake, they keep it very well mowed down.  2 jon boats on site, each 12', and worked great for my daughter and I.  You will likely have 3 duck friends follow you around, but pay no attention to them, they really don't mess with anything. 

Love TCU lake and it certainly delivered.