Fry an Egg

Jul 06 2020

John Little

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

July 4 PM. Glutten for punishment. Head on fire…HOT. Water…clear, lake 2-3 ft low, lily pads and weeds taken over all shallow parts of lake…plenty of lake to fish though. Fished from 2;30 to 8…couldn't take it anymore…FRIED. Just weren't biting. Managed to catch 5…all in the 3-3.5 range. Dragonflies everywhere. Once, while using a floating frog, I let the sucker just sit in water until a dragonfly landed on it…then BOOM..a bass nailed it and the frog…now that was fun. While sitting about 15 ft in front of the pier (boats) there were lots of dragonflies hovering next to the pier and some bass were slapping at them…I bounced a ribbit frog off the side of the pier and let it sink a bit and caught a 3.5 doing that. I tried trolling with cranks…to get some breeze…going all over the main body to get depth nad cover lots of water, but to no results. Other than that, action was few and far between. Full moon and distant fireworks completed the day and half of fishing….see reports for Lienweber & Encino.