Ron Dupree

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 25065
Property Name : Rock Chimney
Reservation Date : 07/03/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 17 10-20 inches
Lures Used : plastics on dropshot

Member John Shepard and i fished Rock Chimney Friday arriving at 6:00 am til 1:00 pm. Surprisingly it was a slow start only catching 3 in the first couple of hours. We walked the perimeter throwing moving baits early but the only bite to be had was the dropshot. 2 spots produced the most, the drain on the dam and the old broken down dock. Only 3 or 4 of the 17 total were over 14 inches while the rest were in the 8-12 inch range and those were found around the old dock chasing dragon flies trying to land on the frame. I start tossing the dropshot around the old dock and had a little fun catching the smaller guys but would have rather been catching the 3-4 lbers that i know live there. It looks like an algae bloom might be starting to grow around the edges possibly driving the population out to deeper water. My guess.

The lake level was lower than i had ever seen and a good soaking rain would be huge benefit for this tank right now.

I found a yellow basspro brand fish scale down by the dam and left it on the picnic table under the covered area.