Murray Camp

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24997
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 06/27/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 11 3-6# (2-12")
Lures Used : chatterbait, senko

Fished main lake from sunrise to 11:00 am.  Mostly cloudy except hazy from Saharan dust cloud when clouds parted.   Caught  11 bass, 9 of which were 3-6#, 2 smalls.   Most in the deeper edge of the grass line on south shore in 6-8 feet, except the biggest which was 10' off dam.  10 came on green pumpkin/chart. chatterbait with wm super fluke trailer.  All were buried in the coontail and had to be horsed out.  Every other cast came up with a weed choked bait, but that's grass fishing for you.  Lots of filamentous algae (snot moss) to deal with too.  Braided line a must IMHO. 

I have experimented with a bunch of different trailers for chatterbaits, but I keep on coming back to a super fluke with the about 1" of the nose pinched off.  Perfect fit for 3/8 oz jackhammer in terms of buoyancy and come through grass easily. 

FWIW, having tried several of the rolls on the Bristol General Store sushi menu, our favorites are the Seaworld, the French Kiss, and the Crunchy Tuna.  Still makes me laugh that some of the best sushi rolls in N. Texas come from here.  It's not Tei An or anything, but they are very good. 

As always, the property was a true showplace.  The lakes here are some of the best opportunites in the club.   Highly recommended, even if you don't like sushi. wink