Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24972
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/24/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 22 Bass and over a dozen coppernose
Lures Used : Flukes frogs and dragonfly

Since I'm not allowed to fish alone (old age) I had Gloria tagalong with me today. I loaded up the fishing gear she loaded up some clay and pottery tools.  We stopped in Cleburne to pick up fried chicken. Got to the lake setup our table and chairs on the dock in the shade. We had a great lunch and now we got to fish. I started at the dock and caught a few on flukes and a ribbit frog.  I also noticed at the dock the bluegills were on the beds and the bass were close by waiting for an opportunity. That was the theme today, looking for beds and finding bass.  When we sat down for lunch we had a nice breeze from the southeast. After a couple of hours the wind switched around coming from the north. Again just a light breeze.  Ended up with 22 bass with two of them just over 5 lbs.  the next unique thing to happen was a hatch occurred around 5 pm. Little brown flies.  I put on a 1/8 oz. beetle spin in white as the coppernose were feasting all over the lake. This was the second time I have witness a hatch on Six O and the coppernose go into a feeding frenzy.   Any fly fishermen in the club should target this action.  Last time this happened the flies were black.  For members with young kids there are plenty of bluegills around the dock. Easy to catch on bread ball of cheap white bread.  Lake is in great shape and the bass are healthy. Oh I also caught two bass on a lunkerhunt dragon fly (blue).  

Jun 25 2020

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Great report. Haven't fish Six O in a while

Jun 26 2020

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks, maneuvering the pontoon by myself I limited how far I would go into each of the inlets.  With a kayak or even a partner I could have done more top water fishing.  The point between the second and third inlet was very active with bass chasing bait fish. Along the dam and the shore to the inlet across from the dock was good.  Not much action in that inlet across from dock.  The coppernose action was best 50 feet from the dock.  Best top water action was shoreline on east side going north.  I didn't try the spillway area.  I like to use flukes and ribbit frogs.  The dragonfly was something my fishing buddy used in Oklahoma and caught a bass on it.  I found them at Walmart for under $5    Pick a day when that south wind isn't howling.  Have fun.