Love Yates Place

May 31 2020

Philip Davison

Fry

Number of Posts :

My son and I got the pleasure of fishing Yates Place again yesterday.  We hit the water at 6 AM, stopped for lunch and a requisite nap at 12 and got back on the water at 5 and fished until 8.  We caught about 18 with 3 just over 4 lbs.  We culled 6 - 5 bass and 1 crappie.  We also missed at least 6 where the fish just threw the hook and two very large fish that broke the line just before we could get them in the boat.  Bad angling probably.  We caught them on Senkos, soft plastics and lipless rattle crank baits.  As always, Yates place didn't disappoint.  It's our favorite property to fish, not only because the fishing and property is great, but also because we get to see and talk to Mr. and Mrs. Yates.  Mr. Yates told us that they have sold their place and will be moving this summer.  We were so sad to hear that, but we certainly understand his reasoning.  We hope to get back there one more time before they leave.

May 31 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Yes. This is true. And we had planned to make an official announcement of the sale of the property. The papers were signed late this week. We will likely be able to fish here until mid August. More to come and how we can properly thank Mr. and Mrs. Yates for the privilege of leasing their lake for more than a decade and their generous hospitality. I'm sure some members will want to say good bye in person. 

Jun 01 2020

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Mr Yates told us the same thing when we were there a week ago. I hate to see it go but I wish the Yates' the very best. They have been more than wonderful. And the fishing is amazing on a good day and humbling on a not so good day. We've had both. Three years ago we had 3 PBs in one day between the two of us - 2 9s and a 10 plus an 8 on a topwater! Great memories!