John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24586
Property Name : Masagana Farms
Reservation Date : 05/24/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7 with the largest 2.8 lbs
Lures Used : jigs

The property is pretty.  It looks like it was a campground in its past with concrete steps that lead to the water's edge and picnic tables on concrete pads.  The lake is difficult to fish with the amount of vegetation.  Every cast you are having to pull off some type of grass.  I was getting blown by strong wind gusts into the topped out grass beds which meant you had to clear the prop off.  It was uncomfortable and frustrating but I persevered.  I started off with a buzz bait and walking a devil horse then switched to a spinner bait across the top of the grass beds with no strikes.  I took to casting into clear pockets near the bank with a jig and twitching it until a bass would come to it and pick it up.  Most of the bites I didn't feel the line would just move over a little.  My first catch had something hanging out its anal cavity so I performed my first ever rectal exam on a fish and pulled a crawdad pincer out.  I added a red trailer to my jig.  The technique was moderately successful along the western bank catching 7 total with the largest being 2.8 lbs and one large redear.