David Partlow

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 24010
Property Name : Slaughter Lake
Reservation Date : 04/25/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3- 2.1, 2.75, 3 lbs.
Lures Used : texas rigged brush hog, white spinnerbait, small lipped crankbait,

Very easy to get to the pond. 2nd cast caught a 2.1 lb. bass right off the dock. Then later that day caught a 3 lb. on the other side of the dock. Then caught a 2.75 lb. walking across the dam. If you don't have a battery or a trolling motor this pond will work good for you. I trolled all over the pond, never a bite. It was all from the dock and walking the dam. All bass caught on zoom super salt plus brush hog green pumpkin magic. I know I would have caught more if I hadn't spent so much time messing with back lash, don't throw into the wind. Met the owner, very nice. If your a crappie fisherman I think this pond would produce them as something was always breaking the water, too small to be big bass, they were either bluegill, shad or Tilapia. Pond was a little murky with about 2 ft. clarity. I will warn you, the flat bottom boat is very, very heavy unless your a big guy you better have two with you. Had to hook my pickup to it to pull it ashore. But I'm a 68 year old small person, so it might have just been me, ha!