GET THE NET

Apr 18 2020

John Little

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Member Scott Benson and son (used kayak) joined me for the afternoon. Antsy to start fishing from being cooped up, we launched at 12 sharp and took a few breaks until the front blew in at 7:30. Until then it was almost dead still with heavy cloud cover…perfect day. Lake is down but barely any weeds, but some slime in shallows….overall great shape. We harvested 30 and released 30…60 total plus 4 lg perch. About 6 caught between 3 to 4.5 lbs and one hog at 9.25 lbs. I caught her over her bed on the 6th cast…first with senkos then a zara spook, which she blew up. Caught her about one cast away along the dam from boat launch. Most fish were caught on the east end flat between the two coves. Best baits…fly rod using wooly bugger streamers, zara spook (red head and gold), light green flaked lizard, senkos (green/chart) and anything that resembled minnows…flukes/swim baits….4.5 lb on chartreuse spinner bait. Action all over lake but best over weed beds off channel from se corner. Much needed escape.

Apr 18 2020

John Shepard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats on the 9.25#!  I'll bet it was a beautiful sight to see her take a topwater.

John

Apr 18 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Way to go John. Is that your biggest bass caught on a PWF lake?

Apr 18 2020

John Little

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Like dropping a bowling ball in the lake….what a thrill.

Apr 18 2020

John Little

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Second best….10.25 at Gallant Elm about 10 years ago. I caught a 8.65 at Leinweber at end of may last year.