Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23443
Property Name : Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 03/28/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 25
Lures Used : Senkos, Craws, Spinnerbaits, Chatterbaits and Square Bills

Fished Lake TCU today (3/28) with my son.  Got there around 8:30 am and waited out a pretty good rain storm.  I forgot the rain gear or else we would have started fishing but waited till it let up around 9:30 and got the boat ready and launched.  We started at the dock and moved slowly up the northwest bank to the old dock on the dam.  Fish were crashing the banks and we could throw a weightless senko up on the bank and let it slide in to the water and we would hook up.  We probably caught 7 or 8 in the 1st hour so.  As the lake description says these were all 3 lb - 4 lb fish, strong with attitude.  By around 11 am the wind was whipping pretty good so we went to drifting around the main lake with moving baits like square bills, chatter baits and spinnerbaits.  We picked up a couple more and decided to dock the boat and walk the banks.  We used spinnerbaits and trigged rage craws (pegged) and pick up another 10 off the bank.  There are ton of crawfish here as one of the other reports said.  You can see their burrows and shells scattered along the banks.  We got back in the boat around 2 and fished for another hour or so and picked up a couple more just drifting around.  Gave in to the wind at 3 pm.  All told 25 for the day.  4 dinks which we harvested.  Big fish was a 4.8.  Lost 3 at the boat that were sold 5 lbs if not more.  Average fish was probably a 3-3.5 with several pushing 4 and a few under 3.  All in all a great outing for only 5 hours or so of fishing.

The owner, Dub, is great.  Super nice and just enjoys people coming out to fish.  He's quite a character too as others have mentioned.  Loves TCU and as an alum myself, we hit it off immediately. 

This a great addition to the club and with the harvest goals and the visions of PWF and the owner, will only get better.