Kirk Housewright

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23482
Property Name : Hat and Star Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/25/2020 PM - 03/26/2020 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 13, one was 11 lbs, 25 inches
Lures Used : Spinners, Swin shad, yellow shad

We fished Wednesday 3/25 evening, tent camped and fished Thursday morning.  Wednesday was full of fish in 2-4 pound range with one very small fish.  Thursday morning, didn't catch any before the sun rose over the trees.  The Bite was very slow, sun high over head and 10-15 mph wind.  At 10:30 am, I switched over to a chartreuse colored minnow about half the size of my pinky, this thing always catches bass but usually on the smaller side.  I just wanted to catch one.  I caught a HUGE crappie and then a nice bass.   I fished the far bank to the left of the dam in 3-6 foot of water with a slow retrieve and let it bounce all over timber, weeds and the bottom.  Caught a 25" bass presumably on a bed, she full of eggs.  Very nice fish.  My scale wasn't working as it said the bass was 29 pounds and my phone died the night before so I couldn't get a pic.  Based on measurements, it was approx 11 pounds.  My buddy caught 2 nice bass in the same area and I caught one more and then headed in to pack up and head back to The Colony.     

Mar 27 2020

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

WOW what a catch Kirk - can't believe you didn't get a pic! Congrats!

Mark

Mar 27 2020

Billy Morton

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I like this lake for big bass. Great job!