Another PB down at Yates Place

Mar 14 2020

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished Yates Place with my son Baird on 3/9 and 3/10.  This was our 1st visit here and it's a beautiful place and with the cabin it's just a great setup.  Also, Mr. Yates is just a downright nice gentleman.  Enjoyed talking to him and he and his wife were always checking on us.

The lake was up a few feet due to the recent rain.  The water was mostly off color and 56 degrees in the morning to 60-61 in the afternoon. It rained on us most of the day Monday and was clear and calm Tuesday.  We caught 14 bass each day for a total of 28. Most on darker colored Senkos.  Of those 28 we culled 15.  The rest were fat, healthy 2-4 lb fish with exception of our lone giant.  

On Monday afternoon, Baird threw a June Bug trigged Senko up near the bank in about 2-3 FOW. He hooked up with a fish and said it was a good one.  I figured it was just another solid chunk and turned around to see it come up to the surface and shake its head.  At that point it was OMG and I was reaching for the net.  Boat side the fish made 3-4 attempts to get under the boat.  I finally made a good scoop on it and got it secured.  He really wanted to beat his PB of 6.85 lbs. on this trip and as I was unhooking it I told him he had done it.  On the scale, the fish weighed 8.44lbs.  After a hug and a high 5, Baird sent the fish back ready to be caught again.  

Thanks PWF and the Yates for the opportunity to create memories at this awesome lake!  

Mar 14 2020

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Chris…great report from the wonderful Yates Place - thanks for sharing the pic.  Baird (AKA Senkomaster) is now THE MAN! 

Mark

Mar 14 2020

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats to Baird - that's a really nice fish! 

Mar 17 2020

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Congrats!

Mar 17 2020

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Greatness