Rick Svoboda

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 23188
Property Name : Lake TCU
Reservation Date : 03/07/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 38 fish-33 were 3 to 4.6 lbs
Lures Used : Texas rig w a craw, rattle trap, square bill crank bait

Mike & I fished from 8 to 1:30.  Water temp was 55-56 degrees, the lake was clear and you could see down about 2'.  It was very chilly this morning and we had a steady wind of I'd guess of 15-20 mph.  The fishing was awesome.  One of the best trips we've had in a long time.  We caught 38 fish of which 33 were 3.0 to 4.6 pounds.  We had at least 6 that were over 4 lbs. It was noon before I finally caught a harvest fish.  Texas rigged with a craw plastic, red rattle trap & square bill crank baits were what the majority of the fish were caught on.  We did catch a few on some big swim baits and gigs.  We caught fish all over the lake, including right out in the middle, but the places that worked best were some of the stick ups by the islands and down by the dam.  

We had several great conversations with the land owner.  It was a lot of fun talking with Dub and learning about the lake and his future plans for it.  He couldn't have been more hospitable.  

We left early because the wind.  It was coming over the front of my small boat.  I have attached a couple of pictures so you can see how fat & healthy the fish are. They are not the greatest pictures, because I could only hold them out so far.

Steve, a big thank you for getting this property into the club.  It's nice and close for us, the ranch is gorgeous with paved roads and an easy area to launch boats.