Celina...Beautiful day...fishing not so much

Jan 20 2020

Paul Prosser

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished it 1/20 - with Kevin Fuller.  Fly fishing only.  It was cooooold at first but warmed up nicely by late AM. NO WIND and bluebird skies.  I fished off the pier and Kevin used his Bote SUP.  I stuck my only fish about an hour in - 15 feet off the pier - using my 6wt and a modified dark green bugger tied on a jig hook.  Strong eat but only a 12-inch cull.  Kevin caught a similar fish early afternoon about 50 feet from the pier but I don't remember what he was using…Kevin??? This is a nice property/lake but has limited bank access for fly rods.  If you're happy with the pier you can explore a lot of water.  Not sure why they weren't active today…gonna definitely come back when it gets warmer.  Total: 2 fish around 12" both culled.  Oh, I left before Kevin so he probably caught some more…I'll let him add to the report.

Jan 21 2020

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I stayed a few more hours and ended up with 3 more fish.  The bite "turned on" about 3:30 and lasted until about 4 when I hung em up.  Caught the 3 bonus fish about 50 feet out from the big cedar tree that is to the right of the launch site. There is a pretty deep hole there and an unmarked brush pile just out from the cedar tree on shore.  Caught them on a sculpin bunny really deep on sinking line.  All three fish were nice healthy 2+ pound fish with the biggest up in the 3's somewhere.  It was a really beautiful day but couldn't get a big bite to match the great weather.