5 Will Do

Jan 08 2020

Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fished Bluebonnet with new member Paul Prosser today from 9 to 2.  Really pretty day but the fishing wasn't "on fire" and really didn't expect it to be today either.  We were both fishing with fly rods and ended up with 5 nice healthy bass for the day.  All were solid bass with the biggest running about 4 plus pounds.  We just fished the big lake and caught 2 just off shore from the launch out in the "deeper" water, in the main lake in front of the island and two from the bank close to the launch between the bank and the hump that runs parallel to the bank.  I saw a lot of small bream swimming around in the very back of the creek - didn't see any bass back there but they'll show up there soon enough.  We didn't slay em today but the bass we caught were nice bass and it was a great day to be out on the water.  Can't wait to fish this lake in the spring when the water heats up some.  

Jan 09 2020

Paul Prosser

Fry

Number of Posts :

This is Paul, Kevin's ghillie.  I concur with his evaluation of the day.  It got progressively windy as we got into high sun.  Tough casting for us fly rodders but we soldiered on and were rewarded with some good looking bass in the deeper water.  I saw Kevin stick the big boy and it was a NICE fish - easily a 4-pounder.  We cast woolly buggers, Clousers and I threw some GameChangers.  You can use a floating line but consider a sink tip to help get your flies down in the zone.  Vary your retrieve and the fish will let you know what works.  This is a great property in a very nice area.  But, don't wade into the water from the bank…mud will suck you in.  Topwater time is coming and it's gonna be HOT!!