David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22362
Property Name : SW Lake
Reservation Date : 10/28/2019 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4 fish, 10-6 inches
Lures Used : plastics

I fished from 1 to 4:30 Monday afternoon at Weston, the weather cool with a strong constant north wind and a cold rain eventually driving me off the lake. I had planned the day hoping the projected front would be in the later evening but mother nature had a different time schedule in mind. 

The pond is about two feet low, the water 60 degrees and murky with a visibility of about 12-18 inches.  There is no significant vegetation. The air temp was 54 degrees, warmed to 60 and then dropped again to 55 when I packed up.

I caught four fish, small in length, all taken off the brush piles. A wacky trick worm Green pumpkin Candy did all the damage. I caught no fish on search 360, rattletrap, crankbait, texas rigged worms, tubes or other swimbaits, large and small. I did not use a drop shot. 

Interestingly, I was unable to locate any significant fish on electronics this trip. I did note that the brush piles are becoming "compost piles" I fear. 

As many know, there is a for sale sign up for the property so it may be off our list in the future. It is a great PFW property with easy all weather access, a great boat and good fishing.