Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22300
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 10/23/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 22 bass/3 crappie/4 bream
Lures Used : Flies/Senkos/Lipless Cranks

Fished the new property in Ennis this morning/afternoon from 7:00 am until 2:00 pm.  This place is beautiful.  When I got to the gate I had to double check I was at the right place as it looked like I was entering a country club.  I just fished the little 8 acre lake but the big lake looks good to me - there is a lot of grass but it looks super fishy and next time out I'm gonna fish it grass or no grass.  The wind started out real light and I was working my fly rod which is all I usually fish with.  Caught some crappie and some small and under bass with the fly rod then the wind started howling.  I fought the wind for a while then gave up and dug out my spinning rod - something I almost never do - but today the wind was kicking my rear.  I had a blast.  I caught some really nice 3 and 4 pound bass on a supersized senko and a lipless crank bait - a Rattletrap knock off - fished a little bit deep off the two points across from the dock.  The point across the lake to the right of the dock gave up the nicest bass.  The sushi place was open but didn't start serving sushi until 4:00 so I missed out on that.  Not much of a sushi eater but with all the hype about the sushi place in Bristol I gotta at least try it.  Met the owner - he was a heck of a nice guy and I thanked him for letting us add his beautiful place to the club.  I'll be back.