Stephen Johnston

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22283
Property Name : Spence Lake
Reservation Date : 10/14/2019 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 52/6" to 4 lbs
Lures Used : Senko, Whopper Plopper, Spook, Crankbait, Chatter bait

My son and I fished a half day am at Spence lake today.  Arrived at sunrise and first fished the small lake on the way in.  We had good success fishing topwater on a whopper plopper and spook catching 11 fish in 40 minutes.  We then moved on to the larger lake.  We had the best success there fishing with wacky rigged Senko.  The overwhelming majority of the fish we caught were under 14".  With about 45 minutes left we headed back over to the smaller lake.  We caught numerous fish on a lipless crankbait and my son was killing it with a chatter bait catching a fish every 3-4 casts including a 3.5 and 4 pounder.  

Note that the onsite jon boat does leak.  It appears to be missing a rivet and if you but any weight on the right backside of the boat water comes in.  More of an annoyance than anything but if you use the boat be prepared to have wet feet and anything you place on the floor of the boat is going to get wet.

Oct 15 2019

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report, Stephen. Sounds like a good outing. I look forward to fishing there.