Sandy Harris

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22201
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 09/30/2019 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 5 LMB
Lures Used : Topwater / Worm

Fished the AM at Martins Mill on 09/30/19. The lake is low, could not put in my Grizzly 1648. I fished out of the local jon boat until the wind got up and I could not stay in position. Before the wind got up I caught 3 while in the boat on topwater (chug bug) and 2 from walking the bank 1 on topwater and the other on a worm. (1 - 3, 1 - 2.5, 3 2's) I feel like I would have caught a few more early if I could have launched my boat. Still had a nice morning. Very nice property. 

SRH

Oct 01 2019

Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Hi Sandy,

I was curious what prevented you from launching, was it too steep, or too shallow, too muddy? I've only ever launched there when the water was high.  I'm not sure what the launch conditions are like in low water.

Thanks, Jim

Oct 01 2019

Sandy Harris

Fry

Number of Posts :

The lake is low (2 feet +). The bank is steep and the water was to shallow to lift the boat from the trailer without getting the back tire of the truck in the mud and possibly getting stuck. I could have maybe backed down as far as possible and pushed the boat off the trailer but I would have no been able to load it back onto the trailer without walking in knee deep water and mud. Even then it would have been a task. So I decided to skip the headaches and enjoy the day. 

SRH

Oct 01 2019

Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks Sandy, Understood.  I guess I will bring my 2 man cataraft until it rains again.  My back can't take the little jon boats for long.   

Oct 04 2019

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Four wheel drive is a must for most of these properties.

If you don't have a 4WD truck, you might consider one.

Oct 04 2019

Sandy Harris

Fry

Number of Posts :

That really was not the issue laugh. I may have possibly been able to achieve a launch. However, with the trailer tires sunk in silt up to the axil and my back tires in the edge of the mud, I would have torn up the property trying to get out of the water. I chose to respect the owner's property and forgo a launch. 

SRH